Most well flow testing is done for Real Estate transactions. They require four hours of continuous testing and two different kinds of meters – one measures the output of water in gallons per minute (gpm) and the other measures the water level in the well.
Outcomes of Well Flow Testing
- The water level will drop to the intake of the pump. A true well production by the flow meter can be determined.
- The water level will stop dropping. The maximum output of the pump does not exceed the well’s capacity.
- The water level will be dropping too slowly by the end of the 4th hour. Cannot determine the maximum well or pump gallons per minute.
- Well Flow Testing with All Well & Pump Service
Well flow testing is important in making sure your well or pump:
- Has not lost productivity
- Meets your irrigation needs
They also determine the true gallons per minute of your new well.
Before your driller leaves, they typically do an air tests to give you an indication of your well’s gpm. To get a true reading of your well’s gpm, you will want to have a test pump installed.